Saturday, April 10, 2010

Little One

Fragile and tender
Delicate and pure
Oh! innocence incarnate!
Do i dare carry you?
Urges are so strong
to hold you in my arms.
I fear I might hurt
Those tiny fingers
the minuscule toes
the cute round nose.
Those eyes that bore into me
Melt my heart so.

How amazing a creation you are.
Your mother's an artist
and you, her masterpiece.
Soft pink skin.
big black eyes.
hair all over
to be replaced soon.
small mouth that controls
without speaking any words.
So amazing and wondrous are you
That I am forced to reconsider
if anything more powerful
than oneself
does exist around us after all.

Such perfection. So ethereal.
Makes me wonder
if you're human at all.
Seems almost impossible
That people capable of horror
create something
so heavenly and intricate.

Every move you make
is a wonder to my eyes.
the twitch of your finger
while you sleep oh! so peacefully
the slow curving of your tender lips
into the sweetest smile, ever.
Or the frown on your forehead
when something causing displeasure
appears in your unknown dreams.
Even your blood curdling scream
when you are hungry
or long for your creator.
Even that doesn't cause me
to screw up my face!

What is it in you?
that makes me
want to ensure
the world is worthy of you?
for all times to come?
You. Whom I hardly know.
But you. for whom I would do anything.
Anything for your smile
Anything for your happiness.
I'd fight the world for you.

Little one,
Stay safe and happy.
Your gurgling laughter
Your meaningless babble
are my music.
my peace of mind.
My inspiration
for a better world.
for more like you to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment